RAW POWER
September 21, 2014, 06:01:36 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: SMF - Just Installed!

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  
Author Topic: Here I Come: Stone Temple Pilots  (Read 7081 times)
amanda

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 28, 2005, 11:32:09 AM »

Quote from: "pensive"
STP... yes one of the most musically mature and underrated bands in this century. But I am biased. haha

very well said.

my love for STP is growing and growing everyday.... i have had Core for some time but lately have been getting into songs like 'big bang baby' (-great dancing song!), 'interstate love song' (and its beautiful video) and 'vasoline'....

this love is going to explode into something bigger... soon...  Cheesy
pensive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #46 on: June 28, 2005, 04:55:17 PM »

Quote from: "Thomas"
I loved STP. I was jsut watching the unplugged show a little while back and it's so wierd seeing scott in all black in a rocking chair all grunge. You guys should watch it, knowing how hyper showman he ha sbecome over the years it changes how you see it.

That was the first time I saw STP and it seemed so dark then, but now it's more lighthearted.

Have you seen early live footage of theirs? He was pretty hyper then, but more aggressively so. He loosened up more as they went on, and incorporated that spiffy James Brown/Mick Jagger/soul boogie thing.

Yeah they were a little dark at first but STP's albums are kinda like a kid maturing through different stages of his life. Core was the angry teenager, Purple was the disillusioned 20-something going through all his firsts. First love, first everything. Tiny Music was the transitional stage where life's good & bad are working to mature you, and you decide "Will you allow yourself to be sunk by the darkness or will you change it and your life?" Golden years, or it should be... No.4 = Midlife crisis, but plowing on because you have to. I think of candles every time I hear this album. It's the adult album of STP to me. The sound really grows here and the way they craft songs goes up like 5 levels. Shangri-La Dee Da=healing. Maturity. It's like the album that you kina think of your parents or grandparents sitting you on their leg to tell you life stories and give you advice.

Thomas

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 30, 2005, 07:57:06 AM »

Quote from: "pensive"
I loved STP. I was jsut watching the unplugged show a little while back and it's so wierd seeing scott in all black in a rocking chair all grunge. You guys should watch it, knowing how hyper showman he ha sbecome over the years it changes how you see it.

That was the first time I saw STP and it seemed so dark then, but now it's more lighthearted.

Have you seen early live footage of theirs? He was pretty hyper then, but more aggressively so. He loosened up more as they went on, and incorporated that spiffy James Brown/Mick Jagger/soul boogie thing.

Yeah they were a little dark at first but STP's albums are kinda like a kid maturing through different stages of his life. Core was the angry teenager, Purple was the disillusioned 20-something going through all his firsts. First love, first everything. Tiny Music was the transitional stage where life's good & bad are working to mature you, and you decide "Will you allow yourself to be sunk by the darkness or will you change it and your life?" Golden years, or it should be... No.4 = Midlife crisis, but plowing on because you have to. I think of candles every time I hear this album. It's the adult album of STP to me. The sound really grows here and the way they craft songs goes up like 5 levels. Shangri-La Dee Da=healing. Maturity. It's like the album that you kina think of your parents or grandparents sitting you on their leg to tell you life stories and give you advice.

Nope, jsut some music videos. STp was a band that I grew up literally, When core came out I was very much into the agression of it and then purple came  out just as I had graduated high school and went away to college and then Tiny music came at a period of spiritual growth and expeirnece for em, and so on. I really related to what they were doing on each album. It's weird for me to go back and se the older stuff because i have changes so much and so has the band, you know. It's cool, cause i see it in a different light now.

Sorry about that rant.
pensive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: June 30, 2005, 08:40:27 AM »

I really related to what they were doing on each album. It's weird for me to go back and se the older stuff because i have changes so much and so has the band, you know. It's cool, cause i see it in a different light now.

Oh yea, it's almost like looking through an old photo album for me. When I listen to certain albums of theirs, I relive things and re-experience feelings, etc. No.4 is really intense for me, but I acn rant on that some other time. Smiley

Good to see some STP fans out there on this bb! \m/

Raven

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2005, 11:35:32 PM »

that's exactly how i feel about blind melon (sorry that was a little off topic)...i didn't actually know that stp was stp until vr came along and i went and bought thank you!!

so basically me coming forward in time to listen to vr also brought me a little back in time!!

size=12]ARE YOU IN THE MEADOW?[/size]
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]
  Print  

Jump to: