On October 4th, Touchstone, a division of Simon & Schuster, will publish Duff McKagan’s memoir, IT’S SO EASY: and other lies! We wanted you to be the first to know about an amazing contest S&S put together for fans of Duff, GnR, and Velvet Revolver
The Ultimate Duff Prize pack sweepstakes is now live! (open to U.S. residents only)
Click here to enter: www.simonandschuster.com/sweepstakes/win-the-ultimate-duff-prize-packit-s-so-easy-to-enter
· The grand prize includes a signed copy of It’s So Easy, a collection of CDs by Duff, Guns n’ Roses, Velvet Revolver, and Loaded*, a limited edition poster, and—best of all—an autographed Duff McKagan P Bass guitar by Fender! Three runner-up prize winners will get a book, a poster, and a $25 iTunes gift card. Ten first prize winners will receive a copy of the book.
· The contest begins , 9/27, and extends through the entire month of October (closes 10/31).
The It’s So Easy book website contains never-before-seen photos and more!
Click here to check it out: www.duff-itssoeasy.com
· Read an excerpt: www.duff-itssoeasy.com/read
· Check out Duff on his book tour (NYC, Seattle, LA, Minneapolis, and more): www.duff-itssoeasy.com/events
· Photos: www.duff-itssoeasy.com/media
· Video: http://duff-itssoeasy.com/media More information on It’s So Easy
“It certainly wasn’t a given that my story would amount to anything more than a lurid cautionary tale. It had all the elements: sex, drugs, and rock and roll, and fame, fortune and a fall. But instead, the story became —well, it became something else.” —DUFF McKAGAN
A founding member of Guns N’ Roses and Velvet Revolver shares the story of his rise to the pinnacle of fame and fortune, his struggles with alcoholism and drug addiction, his personal crash and burn, and his phoenix-like transformation via a unique path to sobriety.
In 1984, at the age of twenty, Duff McKagan left his native Seattle—partly to pursue music but mainly to get away from a host of heroin overdoses then decimating his closest group of friends in the local punk scene. In L.A. only a few weeks and still living in his car, he answered a want ad for a bass player placed by someone who identified himself only as “Slash.” Soon after, the most dangerous band in the world was born. Guns N’ Roses went on to sell more than 100 million albums worldwide.
In It's So Easy, Duff recounts Guns’ unlikely trajectory to a string of multiplatinum albums, sold-out stadium concerts, and global acclaim. But that kind of glory can take its toll, and it did—ultimately—on Duff, as well as on the band itself. As Guns began to splinter, Duff felt that he himself was done, too. But his near death as a direct result of alcoholism proved to be his watershed, the turning point that sent him on a unique path to sobriety and the unexpected choices he has made for himself since.
In a voice that is as honest as it is indelibly his own, Duff—one of rock’s smartest and most articulate personalities—takes readers on his harrowing journey through the dark heart of one of the most notorious bands in rock and roll history and out the other side.*Full list of albums included in the grand prize: Appetite for Destruction by Guns n' Roses, Use Your Illusion Vol. I by Guns n' Roses, Use Your Illusion Vol. II by Guns n' Roses, GnRLies by Guns n' Roses, The Spaghetti Incident? by Guns n' Roses, Believe in Me by Duff McKagan, Contraband by Velvet Revolver, Libertad by Velvet Revolver, Dark Days by Loaded, Sick by Loaded, and The Taking by Loaded.